Marketing is a job that requires true talent, perseverance, and presence of mind. When you have a customer at hand, you need to know, understand and approach them in a way that will influence them, all in a matter of minutes. You do not have the time to do a detailed case study of the customer nor can you use the same approach for one and all.
When there is a purchase decision to be made, how can you influence your customer? Here is how:
- Packaging – Majority of the buying decision is influenced by the product itself. if the product is packaged well to suit the target audience, half the work is done. As a marketing or salesperson, you are the face the customers see and talk to. Take their inputs, understand what they are looking for and give the company a feedback.
- Price – The cost is one of the most influential factors in buying a product. Some people look for expensive products because they feel the higher the price, the better is the quality. Some look for low prices as they want it all within a budget. Very few lookouts for value for money. Understand which category your current customer belongs to and approach them accordingly.
- Approach – Everyone likes to think they are different and unique. Hence when you are trying to influence a purchase decision, look for clue and cues to follow up on, that will pertain to the specific customer. This way they will feel the product will suit their needs.
- Don’t Push – No matter how bad may be tempted to push a product on to a customer, don’t do it. You may probably thing just another nudge will make the customer buy the product but it may work in the opposite direction and get the customer all suspicions and look for alternatives.
- Feedback – Give your customers feedbacks you received from other customers. Ensure your sound genuine and you give real-time feedbacks rather than made up reviews. This will encourage the customer to opt for the product because someone has tried and is happy with the product.
For Ex: If you are selling hair regrowth devices, giving the customer feedback from other buyers will influence their purchase decision to a great extent.